Lamina porcelain is a type of porcelain restoration used to change the color, form and position of anterior teeth with a special bonding technique. Thanks to the laminates that imitate the natural teeth, the desired smile can be achieved in a very short time.
Lamina is an aesthetic application. As in every aesthetic procedure, it gives excellent results when done with a quality material; otherwise, it will have irreparable consequences. The physician who will apply the lamina must be asked about the previous cases. If the trust is made and the decision is made; It starts with a photo shoot first. After the first measurements are taken, 3D design of the teeth is made with ceramist. In the second appointment, this 3D design (wax-up) is applied in the person’s mouth and the result is; It can be shown to the person without any treatment on the teeth yet. The reason for leaving the person for a very long time in this session; so that the result is not a surprise.
The measurement session is the shortest session. On the model obtained from the measurement, thin laminates are produced as ‘hand-made’, just like a painter. Although the session after the measurement is considered as a rehearsal, finishing can also be done because the same 3D design is done. If corrections are required during the rehearsal session, the finish is made the next day. The bonding session is the most important appointment day.
At the appointment after the bonding session, the treatment ends with a control and photo shoot.
– Intrinsic tooth discoloration that is resistant to teeth whitening
– Mild crowding of the teeth (if the patient refused orthodontic treatment)
– When there are spaces between your teeth, it’s called a gap (diastema)
In lamina porcelain applications, much less tooth cutting is done. In some cases, lamina porcelain can be applied without cutting the tooth surface.
Today, lamina porcelain is the material that provides the most aesthetic and natural appearance. Since very few teeth are cut, it reflects the light transmittance of the natural tooth to which it is applied. A well-made lamina restoration is indistinguishable from a natural tooth.
– People who are not satisfied with their tooth color or who have discoloration on the tooth surface as a result of drug use,
– Joining split teeth with spaces between them,
– In the restoration of broken or worn teeth,
– In the replacement of old and discolored fillings in the front teeth,
– It can be used to correct crooked and crooked teeth.
– It can be applied to people who do not have missing teeth and have not had porcelain crowns before.
– Porcelain laminates should be applied to people with good gingival health or people with unhealthy gingival health, after gingival health is restored.
Lamina porcelains can be used for 15-20 years without any problem when used with good oral care. Because they are made of porcelain with superior properties. They are resistant to staining and abrasion. Gum diseases can shorten this period. In order to prolong their life, it is necessary to pay attention to oral care. In addition, it is necessary to avoid bad habits such as biting very hard foods and biting nails.
Laminas are adhered to the teeth using a very superior technology. With a good fit, it is not possible for a lamina to fall from the tooth and no mistakes were made in the bonding session. A well bonded lamina feels just like a natural tooth. Naturally, any bite can be done. The only requirement is to avoid the act of picking up hard food or objects. A trauma that breaks your tooth will also break the lamina.
With the developing techniques, it is possible to make a cut-free laminate called ‘prepless laminate’. However, the tooth structure must be suitable for this particular case. It is usually applied to those with spaced teeth.